Standard Terms and Conditions
1. Quotations and/or proposals are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
2. CLX is a VAT vendor and as such will charge VAT on all products sold within South Africa.
3. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
4. Self-study training fees include the couriering of one certificate to the Employer/Student/Learner. Any other courier correspondence to or from CLX is for the account of the Employer/Student/Learner.
5. For public facilitated and/or online supported self study training programmes, a fee for the delivery of material will be charged to the Employer/Student/Learner.
6. Should the Employer/Student/Learner choose to not accept CLX’s course recommendations, which results in the Employer/Student/Learner not successfully completing the training programme, any additional facilitation or coaching hours, as well as any additional material, will be billed to the Employer/Student/Learner.
7. CLX requires the full training fee (not including the online supported self study option) to be paid in advance by no less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the training programme (skills programmes and/or non-credit bearing), unless otherwise arranged with the accounts department.
8. CLX requires the full training fee for the online supported self study option to be paid in advance of the closing of the registration period.
9. Full payment is required before any training programme material will be delivered to the Employer/Student/Learner.
10. Any additional costs incurred by CLX as a result of incorrect and/or missing information will be charged to the Employer/Student/Learner.
11. CLX reserves the right to withhold results and/or certificates as well as postpone and/or deny class entry should any training fees be outstanding.
12. No refunds will be issued should the Employer/Student/Learner cancel the training programme and have already received the training programme material.
13. In the event that an Employer funded the Learner’s training and the Learner leaves the Employer before completing the training programme, the full cost of training will be for the Learner’s account should the Learner wish to continue their studies.
14. In the event of a cancellation by the Employer/Student/Learner, and prior to the Employer/Student/Learner receiving the training programme material, 60% of the total training fee will be refunded.
15. No refund/discount will be issued to the Employer/Student/Learner if they fail to attend class, leave the employ of the company and/or training programme, fail to submit assignments and/or are unsuccessful in exiting the programme.
16. Payment received for a training programme and not utilised within a 12-month period, from the date of payment, will be forfeited.
17. CLX reserves the right to cancel or reschedule public classes within 14 days preceding the commencement should the minimum number of learners required not be secured.
18. In the event that CLX reschedules or cancels a public class, after payment has been received, and this is no longer suitable to the Employer/Student/Learner, the Employer/Student/Learner will be placed on the next available training date and/or offered an alternative study method.
19. Any cancellation of attendance by the Employer/Student/Learner must be communicated to and acknowledged in writing by CLX.
20. Any legal costs incurred by CLX due to the non-payment from the Employer/Student/Learner will be for the account of the Employer/Student/Learner.
21. CLX reserves the right to prescribe an upper limit to the number of learners in a class should the maximum number of learners per class be reached.
22. Should the Employer/Student/Learner make payment less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of a public facilitated class, CLX cannot guarantee that the training programme material will be ready in time for the first facilitated class.
23. The Employer/Student/Learner enters our premises at their own risk and CLX will not be held liable should any injury, damage or theft occur while on our premises to either persons or property.
24. Training programmes facilitated at the Employer’s premises must adhere to a minimum standard of infrastructure (i.e. training centre facilities) which will be discussed on a case by case basis.
25. Training programmes must be completed timeously as per the issued study schedule; failing which the Employer/Student/Learner will be required to re-register and pay all the related costs to complete the training programme.
26. It is the Employer/Student/Learner’s responsibility to send any documentation to the correct physical and/or email address; failing which CLX cannot be held responsible for the outcome of such documentation.
27. It is the Employer/Student/Learner’s responsibility to notify CLX of any changes in contact information.
28. Training programmes presented on weekends will bear an additional fee.
29. A Service Level Agreement and a Training Contract will be signed prior to the commencement of all corporate training programmes.
30. Corporate training programme dates will be agreed and confirmed with the Employer.
31. The Employer will be responsible to provide learner and facilitator/assessor refreshments where the training is facilitated on-site at the Employer’s premises.
32. The cost of travel and accommodation for corporate on-site training, if applicable, will be the responsibility of the Employer. This will be invoiced to the Employer.
33. Should additional training days be required due to the absence of learners, an additional daily rate will apply. The same will apply should a second re-assessment be required.
34. It is the Student/Learner’s responsibility to keep copies of all submissions for their own record. Should, for some reason, documentation be lost or damaged after submission, the onus will be on the Student/Learner to re-submit.
35. Should the Student/Learner fail to submit assessments on the proposed due date, this will result in a re-enrolment into the next cohort. Another enrolment fee will apply.
36. Should the Employer/Student/Learner lose or damage their course material, the Employer/Student/Learner will bear the cost for all re-printing and collection fees.
37. After registration, the Student/Learner will be enrolled into a cohort with a specified start and end date. Online access and support will only be available during that period. Should the Employer/Student/Learner require additional support hours, these will be quoted separately.
38. Should the Employer/Student/Learner fail to supply CLX with the correct SETA documentation within the specified registration time frame and in full, for public facilitated and/or online supported self study training programmes, CLX reserves the right to issue a Certificate of Completion instead.
Learnerships and/or skills programmes
39. Under no circumstances will accredited programmes commence before all relevant SETA required documentation has been received and the Learners uploaded on to the relevant SETA system.
40. Learnership fees are payable over a 12-month period, including a deposit, and will be detailed in the proposal and/or quotation.
41. Should the Employer/Learner not supply CLX with the correct SETA documentation on time and in full, as it applies to the training programme that they enrolled for, their enrolment will be pushed out into the next available start dates one (1) time only, thereafter you will be required to make full payment again.
42. Should the Learner submit incomplete or incorrect information in their Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), the collection from and delivery back to CLX is for the Employer/Student/Learner’s account.
43. A compulsory (SETA requirement) pre-screening assessment will apply to all corporate learnerships and skills programmes up to a NQF level 3, the cost of which is to be borne by the Employer/Student/Learner.
44. Corporate training fees are calculated on the number of learners specified and may be adjusted should the number of learners change.
45. If the Employer/Learner requires a second re-submission on any assessment, this will be charged to the Employer/Learner at R 500 (excluding VAT) per assessment.
46. If the Learner has been found NYC on the second re-submission, the Learner is regarded as unsuitable for a third re-assessment and therefore for certification. CLX reserves the right to issue a Certificate of Completion instead.
47. The Learner will only be scheduled for an examination, if applicable, once all assessments have been assessed, none are outstanding, and the Learner has been found eligible.
48. In the event that the Employer/Student requests a refund for an APICS exam and/or membership fee before it has been purchased from SAPICS/APICS, only 60% of the fee will be refunded to the Employer/Student.
49. In the event that the Employer/Student requests a refund for an APICS exam and/or membership fee after it has been purchased from SAPICS/APICS, no refund will be issued to the Employer/Student.
50. It is the Student’s responsibility to schedule the venue, date and time of the APICS exam at an APICS approved test centre.
51. It is the Student’s responsibility to notify CLX in writing as to when the Student intends to sit the APICS exam, within the 12 months after payment, in order for CLX to purchase the APICS exam credit; failing which the Employer/Student will have to purchase an additional exam fee.